Retiring or no longer practising in Australia?

Reading time:

When you cease practice in Australia, to ensure you are appropriately covered for any emerging claims from your prior practice in Australia, you are required to obtain run-off cover. The type and cost of run-off cover will depend on your individual circumstances. Healthcare practitioners may be eligible for free run-off cover for their past practice in Australia if they meet eligibility criteria for the Run Off Cover Scheme (ROCS)

Complete the Ceasing Practice in Australia form when you cease practice in Australia. Your membership details will be updated to run off cover and any refund applicable will be advised. 

Further information regarding run-off cover can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions

Insurance cover is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy. The information provided is general advice only and does not take into account your personal circumstances or needs. You should review the Member Handbook Combined PDS and FSG and/or contact MIPS on 1800 061 113, before making a decision. Information is current as at the date published.  

Back to top