Due to popular demand, we present to you our part 2 webinar over 2020 on the topic of informed consent.
In this interactive webinar three industry experts will guide you through a detailed discussion ,analysing a selection of case studies that will illustrate how everyday informed consent matters can become more complicated than initially anticipated. The case studies will cover:
- hospital surgical procedures
- a cosmetic practice
- a general practice procedure
- dental practice settings.
The discussion will highlight the practical challenges faced by all practitioners. You can access the case studies and notes from the webinar in the handouts section of the on-demand webinar room.
- Discuss relevant practical clinical scenarios concerning consent issues from a legal and clinical perspective
- Identify essential legal and regulatory considerations when obtaining an informed consent
- Plan effective strategies to ensure you obtain adequate consent to treatment
Dr Nichola Davis - GP and MIPS Clinico-Legal Adviser
Dr Gerard Clausen - Prosthodontist and MIPS Dento-Legal Adviser
Michael Regos - Solicitor - 20 years at DLA Piper
|1 Core PDP||1 hour CPD||2 Cat 2 Pts|
Other Colleges and Associations may allow self assessment of CPD. For all on demand content MIPS provides a certificate of attendance detailing the activity.