In this webinar, we will discuss the most common causes that lead patients to report practitioners to AHPRA.
While the fundamental reasons may be varied, they often involve miscommunication, misunderstanding, a practitioner’s lack of empathy or not feeling involved in decisions made relating to their care.
To practice competently and to minimise the risk of complaint against you, it is important that all practitioners provide a safe and effective environment for patients; to recognise when the delivery of healthcare has faltered and to implement strategies to improve to practise safely.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the most common reasons of complaints in healthcare.
- Identify strategies to communicate effectively to provide quality care.
- Discuss what to do if you receive a notification to minimise your legal risk.
- Anatomy of a notification: Why patients raise complaints handout
- MIPS on Demand Online modules with CPD