Tort reform in recent years has reduced the frequency of claims from negligent acts or omissions (medical negligence). Simultaneously, there has been increased regulation of practitioners with the “national law”. This has resulted in the number of complaints and investigations against practitioners increasing. This module highlights the rising risk of complaint and investigation, the potential consequences and how members can best manage this increased risk.
- Current trends for health practitioners
- How can MIPS indemnify you?
- What are your personal / professional risks?
- Examples of personal / professional risk
- Regulation by Boards & Board notification statistics
- Other areas of personal risk
- Case studies
Dr Nichola Davis is an experienced General Practitioner and RACGP exam setter. She is a very experienced MIPS clinico legal adviser and Risk Education presenter.
- Participants will increase their awareness of their potential personal professional risks and to identify red flags for such risks
- Participants will be provided with the resources to provide the necessary background and strategies to minimise personal and professional risk
- Participants will have greater insight to these risks and have in place risk avoidance measures to mitigate their risk.
|1 Core PDP||1 hour CPD||2 Cat 2 Pts|
Other Colleges and Associations may allow self assessment of CPD. For all on demand content MIPS provides a certificate of attendance detailing the activity.