Whether it’s your own personal finance or that of your clinic/practice, people and businesses will almost always acquire a loan, and thus debt, at some point. Most individuals will acquire a loan for a property in their lives and almost all practice assets, such as an x-ray machine or autoclave, can be financed through asset finance arrangements. The key difference between success and failure is understanding good debt vs bad debt and in both cases, establishing a plan so that you can reduce debt and achieve growth and income, or in the case of a business, profits. The intention of this module is to help you to acquire and manage your debt intelligently and empower you to achieve financial success.
This education module has seven elements each of which takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Topic 1:Fundamentals of borrowing
- Topic 2a: Consumer lending
- Topic 2b: Commercial lending
- Topic 2c: Debt as an investment
- Topic 3: Debt strategies
- Topic 4: Building wealth
- Topic 5: Risk management
Start online unit
This on-demand education module was designed for MIPS members in conjunction with Kaplan, a distinguished provider of financial literacy education. Access to this education is available to all MIPS members at no additional cost
Your access to and use of the on demand course is subject to the following terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations:
- The course materials are only for your use. You must not give access to, or provide any of the course materials to anyone who is not a MIPS member.
- MIPS gives no warranties regarding the correctness or accuracy of the course content and each excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a result of accessing, using or relying on the course material.
- To the extent you have the benefit of the Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded, MIPS limits its liability to you in one or more of the following ways
- to the extent that goods are supplied, at the option of MIPS: providing replacement of those goods or equivalent goods, or the paying the cost of having the goods resupplied;
- to the extent that services are supplied, at the option of MIPS: supplying the services again, or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
The copyright in this material is owned by Kaplan Education Pty Ltd trading as Kaplan Professional ABN 54 089 002 371 (Kaplan). Used with permission. To the extent permitted by law, Kaplan makes no warranties regarding the correctness or accuracy of its content and excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a result of accessing, using or relying on the content.