This interactive online unit outlines some of the potential additional and unique risks for those practitioners who qualified and trained overseas and who have recently come to Australia to practice. The unit explores many issues such as:
- effective communication,
- social and cultural differences,
- pressures from patients of shared/cultural backgrounds.
You will find some multiple choice questions and some video case study content throughout the presentation. Simply move from screen to screen. When you have finished the education unit you will be required to also complete an evaluation. You will receive a MIPS Certificate of Attendance confirming you have completed the unit and may count it towards the mandatory continuing professional development requirements of AHPRA.
- Recall the possible reasons why an international graduate may be exposed to a higher clinico-legal risk than a locally trained doctor
- Discuss some of the principles of appropriate language and good communication to ensure patient safety
- Recall some techniques that can be used in situations where patients exhibit prejudice
|1 Core PDP||1 hour CPD||2 Cat 2 Pts|
Other Colleges and Associations may allow self assessment of CPD. For all on demand content MIPS provides a certificate of attendance detailing the activity.