Join Dr Peter Simpson as he takes you through the life of a medical complaint. In this informative session Dr Simpson provides tips on how to best manage medical complaints. In fact, how you manage a medical complaint affects the overall outcome. It is important to remain composed and maintain proper behaviour and show insight in the face of complaints of sub optimal care. Dr Simpson presents multiple case studies to demonstrate the appropriate communication with both patients and AHPRA.
You will be provided with some key messages about:
- appropriate records
- meeting MIPS membership requirements
- key elements of a timely and correct diagnosis
- management of criticism of your level of care
- Good practitioners are not immune from complaints, claims and investigations
- How you manage the complaint can effect the outcome
- You may react negatively to complaints but do remain professional - do not get angry, negative and rude
- You may also have self doubts – that’s why contacting MIPS promptly and talking to a peer can provide
Dr Peter Simpson is an experienced General Practitioner , clinico-legal adviser and risk presenter at MIPS.
To obtain a Certificate of Attendance you must view the entire webinar and complete a feedback form. You may pause the video but you cannot track forward or back.Length: 59 minutes.
|1 Core PDP||1 hour CPD||2 Cat 2 Pts|
Other Colleges and Associations may allow self assessment of CPD. For all on demand content MIPS provides a certificate of attendance detailing the activity.